Friday, March 20, 2009

MLB Dugout Heroes

Developer: NeoWiz
Publisher: GamesCampus
Release Date: 3/19/08 (Beta)
System: PC
ESRB Rating: N/A
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Buggy beta baseball.

0:00 The last PC baseball game I played was Hardball 3 back in the mid-'90s. I'd play it with my dad and get annoyed when he let the computer handle all the hitting and fielding work. All he wanted to do was manage the team. Da-aaaaaaad!

0:01 I'm not counting the hour and a half or so it took to download the 385 MB client for the closed beta from the GamesCampus FTP server, but I will count the minute or so it took to install. SO THERE!

0:02 "Your client is old. Please download the latest version of the game client." I hadn't anticipated this. I just downloaded the client yesterday evening! There's no link for the new client, so a-hunting I will go.

0:04 Oh, apparently the official open beta will be starting later today, so instead of re-download the closed beta, I decide to play a different game and move on to a new game for today's lunch. See ya tomorrow!

*A day passes*

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: