Thursday, March 19, 2009

Everyday Shooter

Developer: Queasy Games
Publisher: SCEA
Release Date: Oct. 11, 2007
Systems: PS3 (reviewed), PSP, PC
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: What if Geometry Wars were even MORE abstract...
0:00 Despite absolutely loving a five-minute demo of this game at E3 '07, I somehow never managed to actually buy it or even request a press copy. That situation ends NOW!

0:01 A pleasantly small 38 MB download and quick install. All PSN games should be this painless to access!

0:02 "Everyday Shooter: A Queasy Game by Jonathan Mak." There's some utterly simple and charming acoustic guitar plunking in the background of the nice, basic menu screen.

0:04 First, some notes: "In the spring of 2005 I started work on what I called 'the new game,'" Mak writes. It was self-indulgent and "games-as-art-theory-innovation wankery," apparently. Then he went back to his roots: the top-down shoot-'em-up! Yes!

0:05 OK, let's do this. Options are Normal Play and Single Play. I'm married, so I guess Hetero-Normative play is for me. Eh? Eh? *crickets chirping*

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

1 comment:

Cahya said...

Wow.
Wonderful article and picture