Monday, March 16, 2009

Hinterlands: Orc Lords

Developer: Tilted Mill Entertainment
Publisher: Got Game entertainment
Release Date: Sept. 20, 2008
System: PC
ESRB Rating: N/A
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Equal parts city-building, action-RPG adventuring and frustration.
0:00 When Got Game e-mailed me asking if I wanted to try out a press copy of this action-RPG expansion pack, I said yes. And now you know just as much about the game as I do (or possibly more, if you've played the game or something).

0:01 A vaguely Celtic jig plays over a menu screen featuring two backpacked hikers trekking into the forest from a pastoral medieval town. Very nice art style here.

0:02 I can choose from six females or five males, each represented by a classy painted portrait. I go for a blonde, short-haired girl with a red blouse because that's how I'm feeling today. DON'T JUDGE ME!

0:03 Oh, it seems I can also choose from a bunch of "character backgrounds," including a few that are dwarves, elves, goblins and orcs. They all have their own portraits, of course. I stick with a nice human Seneschal because I like the way it sounds. Say it with me now. Seneschaaaaaal.

0:04 Difficulties are Easy, Medium, Difficult and Hardcore. I can also choose a game length of Short, Medium or Long ... a rather unique touch, I think. I go with "Short," since I am just planning to play for an hour at the moment.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: