Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Calvin Tucker's Redneck Jamboree

Developer: Zoo Games
Publisher: Zoo Games
Release Date: Nov. 17, 2008
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: E-10+
Official Web site

In a nutshell: A hate crime against rednecks AND gamers at the same time!

0:00 With a title that stupid, there was no way I could resist adding this to my GameFly queue. It's the same compulsion that makes me stare at accidents on the side of the highway. What can I say ... I am an awful person.

0:01 After I insert the disc in the system, the Disc Channel shows a small two-frame animation. Frame No. 1: An overall-clad guy in a trucker cap holds out a flower. Frame No. 2: A cow tittering with her hand over her mouth and a heart over her head. Oh man, this game is going to be exquisitely awful.

0:02 "How many Rednecks does it take to eat a possum? Two ... one to eat it and one to watch for cars." This is what passes for a joke on the initial loading screen.

0:04 This may be the first game I've ever played that has an option to enable or disable a "Cow lottery event." Someone contact Guinness!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: