Thursday, July 10, 2008

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2

Developer: Ubisoft Montreal
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: March 18, 2008
Systems: Xbox 360 (reviewed), PS3, PC
ESRB Rating: M
Official Web site

In a nutshell: What happens in Vegas seems to get a lot of people killed...

0:00 The sum total of my Tom Clancy' experience is contained in the 44 minutes I spent with the Ghost Recon 2 demo. This one got heaps of praise, though, so I'm willing to venture out of my comfort zone a bit.

0:01 This minute spent downloading a quick Xbox Live update, watching a bunch of company logos, and watching a loading screen.

0:02 Jump directly to a title screen, with a slowly rotating view of a large, empty hangar in the background. Military-style trumpet music plays like a dirge in the background.

0:03 I can choose from eight faces, all stereotypically ethnic, all pretty ugly. I can add some facial hair and war paint too, but it all looks kind of ridiculous on these misshapen faces.

0:04 The single-player Story mode can be played in "Casual," "Normal" or "Realistic" difficulties. Does that last one mean my character has to go to the bathroom every few hours? Now THAT'S realism! I choose Casual, confident that it will still be way too much for me.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

1 comment:

B.S.Bowser said...

I liked this review (and this blog for that matter).

I have seen the gameplay on the harder difficulties. Unless you have a good amount of experience, you aren't going anywhere in this game.

My roommate kept getting pissed off, getting mauled by random terrorists who had superb accuracy. Ouch.