Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Orbz

Developer: 21-6
Publisher: Garage Games
Release Date: Feb. 13, 2003
System: PC
GameTap Rating: 6+
Official Web site

In a nutshell: The exciting world of throwing balls at stars.

0:00 0:00 The GameTap description said this game is good for "a master of trajectories, able to throw a ball with pinpoint accuracy." That doesn't really describe me, but it sounds like fun, regardless.

0:01 The game takes a full minute to load up. I'm feeling generous, so I'm going to blame my slow computer for this one.

0:02 The latest message on the "Orbz Message Center" is from Dec. 19, 2006, promising "Course Pack 6." The one before that is from July 17, 2004. I guess the DLC didn't really pan out over the years.

0:03 "The object of the game is to shoot your orb at targets located throughout 13 distinct courses in a race to score the most points." Move the mouse to aim, click once to start the power meter, click again to fire. The goal is to hit stars. The help screen also talks about power-ups and such too. I'll figure them out as I go.

0:04 Ah, I didn't need to read the help screen -- there's a tutorial. There are a lot of multi-colored orbs to choose from. I go with "Shameless Plug," which features the logo of developer 21-6. Heh.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: