Monday, July 7, 2008

Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath

Developer: Electronic Arts LA
Publisher: Electronic Arts
Release Date: June 24, 2008
Systems: Xbox 360 (reviewed), PC
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web Site

In a nutshell: War from above.

0:00 I got literally three missions into the original Command and Conquer before quitting the series for good. I'm really, really bad at real-time strategy games, you see.

0:01 Straight to the title screen, with a red globe and a generic looking super-soldier in the background. Meh.

0:02 The controls screen is a confusing mess, with buttons like "selection modifier" and actions like "decrement from building queue." I hope they hold my hand a little bit.

0:03 Boot Camp sounds like a good place to start. "This mission will teach you the basics of how to utilize the interface and controls." Thank God.

0:04 "Welcome to the training scenario, Commander." Click on the training stations to get training info. Duh!

0:05 OK, I know what a mini-map is. I don't need THAT much hand-holding.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: