Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wii Fit

Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: May 21, 2008
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: That game with the fancy scale.

0:00 I played an early build of the game at E3 '07, and have tried it a few times since, but this will be my first full hour with the game.

0:01 Prepared to start: all decked out in a t-shirt, gym shorts and the super-cute promotional Wii Fit socks sent by Nintendo. Got a cup of cold water handy, too.

0:02 This minute spent synching the Balance Board with the Wii, a relatively painless process.

0:03 An anthropomorphic Balance Board pops up on screen and tells me, "Hello, and welcome to Wii Fit." I pick out my Mii from the list and he drops in from the sky with white pants and a green shirt that says "Wii" on it. The balance board lectures me about how the world's posture is going to hell in a handbasket. He sounds like a cranky old man. My Mii listens and nods intently. I can't say I do the same.

0:04 I enter my height and date of birth. The Wii says "Great" in a cute robotic voice as I make my selections.

0:05 "Starting up ... step on" in the same robotic voice. "Ready!" The game asks how heavy my clothes are. That's a bit of a personal question for so early in our relationship, don't you think?

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: