Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Excitebots: Trick Racing

Developer: Monster Games
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: April 20, 2009
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: It really feels like you're driving a robotic frog!

0:00 I spent a few enjoyable hours with the original Excite Truck when the Wii was fresh and new, but I moved on to other games before finishing. A short demo of Excitebots at GDC got me fired up for more seat-of-the-pants high-flying trick racing, though.

0:01 Since the game actually comes with a Wii Wheel accessory, I guess I'll try using it. I never really liked the way it felt for Mario Kart Wii, though.

0:02 A quick message about how to properly hold the Wii Wheel, then the title screen pops up with some thrilling full-screen video from the game. Bots are flying and crashing and flipping all over the place to the strains of some high-energy guitar synth.

0:04 There's an intriguing option called "Poker Race" that's grayed out on the menu screen. The online and versus play options are also locked. Looks like I'm off to the single-player racing, then. Let's start with the training to get a refresher on how this all works (hey, it's been a while).

***-->CONTINUE READING AT CRISPY GAMER<--***

____________________________________________________

No comments: