Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Developer: Polyphony Digital
Publisher: Sony
Release Date: April 17, 2008
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: A somewhat unnecessary update

0:00 The last Gran Turismo game I owned was No. 2 on the original PlayStation. The ones since then have seemed to me to be the same essential game with more cars and nicer graphics. That's all I really expect from this "prologue" to the full GT5, except maybe for the more cars part.

0:05 While I didn't include the six-plus hours it took to download this nearly two-gig game in my clock, I am including the roughly five minutes it takes to install the demo, simply because the idea of installing console games annoys me to no end.

0:06 With the install done, I find I need to sign in to the PlayStation Network to start the game, but to sign in to PSN, I need a system update. GRAH! You're still on the clock, Sony.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I played the heck out of GT3. It's a wonderful driving game, but an awful racing game. Sounds like GT5 is the same, except shinier.

Kyle said...

Yes, exactly. I played the first one for what must have been 100 hours when it was new and fresh and amazing, especially for the PSOne. Now there are so many good racers out there, both realistic and action-packed, and GT hasn't changed one iota outside the graphics. Meh.