Monday, April 7, 2008

Brunswick Pro Bowling

Developer: Point of View
Publisher: Crave
Release Date: Aug. 28, 2007
Systems: Wii (reviewed), PS2, PSP
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web Site

In a nutshell: Brunswick Pro Bowling

0:01 0:00 Bowling was by far my favorite part of Wii Sports, so I'm looking forward to see what a game with a "Pro" license can do with the concept.

0:01 Right off, I'm doubled over by the Disc Channel's hilarious, bass-heavy R&B groove. This is possibly the least appropriate bowling music I've ever heard.

0:02 In the options menu, the music starts at 70 percent and the sound effects at 60 percent. Is this a concession to the cranky old people that are the game's target audience?

0:03 On to Career mode. The create-a-bowler has a perpetual frown and slumped shoulders. He looks like he'd rather be anywhere else. Bad sign.

0:05 Still playing around with the somewhat meager character creation options. "Facial-hair type 2" is a perfect Hitler mustache. I love it! There are a grand total of two body types: Athletic and Husky.

0:06 HuskyHilter is too long for the name field, so HskyHtlr will have to do. But we know what his real name is.

Read the full review over at Crispy Gamer

2 comments:

Adam said...

Mr. Orland, while I do love to read your reviews, I am sorely disappointed in your knowledge base. Everyone knows that the bowling hall of fame is in St. Louis. Why they put it here, I have no clue, but it is right across the street from Busch Stadium. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Kyle said...

I bow to your superior knowledge of Bowling Hall of Fame locations and beg your forgiveness for my ignorance.