Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Professor Heinz Wolff's Gravity

Developer: EM Studios
Publisher: Deep Silver
Release Date: April 14, 2009
System: Wii (reviewed), Nintendo DS
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: All the fun of physics class. Seriously, I had a pretty fun physics teacher...

0:00 It's a game named after a fundamental property of physics. How could I resist?

0:01 Unsettling strings play over a creepy Mii-alike version of what I can only assume is the good doctor Wolff on the preview screen. There's also a bouncing red ball with a big G. CREEPY!

0:02 A barebones, white loading screen advances quite slowly, all things considered. "Well hello, everybody!" says the white-haired Mii-alike. "I'm Professor Heinz Wolff and I'd like to introduce you to Gravity -- a simple yet wonderfully challenging puzzle game." He goes on to describe how to use the main menu. THE MAIN MENU. If they're explaining something so basic, I don't think I'm the target audience here...

0:04 On the options screen, virtual Dr. Wolff tells me I can use this screen to "alter Gravity (the game, not the physical property. Not even I can do that.)" Heh.

***-->CONTINUE READING AT CRISPY GAMER<--***

____________________________________________________

No comments: