Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Dark Sector

Developer: Digital Extremes
Publisher: D3 Publisher
Release Date: March 25, 2008
Systems: Xbox 360 (reviewed), PS3
ESRB Rating: M
Official Web site

In a nutshell: This game is infected with mediocrity.

0:00 I remember hearing some vague buzz about this game, but not nearly enough to buy it sight unseen. Now I'll get a chance to see it, and perhaps buy it, sight seen.

0:05 These minutes spent fiddling with the disc, trying to get the Xbox 360 to recognize it. I know this isn't the game's fault -- it's either GameFly's for sending a bad disc or Microsoft's for making a touchy system -- but I have a schedule to keep, so the clock starts ... now!

0:06 Close-up on a hand that looks like part of a statue, holding a tri-blade circular saw-thing in the pouring rain. The title appears in the foreground.

0:07 Oh, holy hell, there's a function for every face button, shoulder button, analog stick AND every direction on the d-pad. I'm never gonna keep this all straight...

0:08 The single-player option is listed on the main menu as "singlePlayer." New Game is "newGame." Man, I think I just cut myself on the EDGINESS!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: