Friday, September 12, 2008

MindHabits

Developer: Got Game Entertainment
Publisher: Got Game Entertainment
Release Date: Aug. 14, 2008
System: PC
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Whenever I see your smiling face/I have to smile myself...

0:00 I heard about this obvious Brain Age-alike through a press release and figured it was worth a shot. Who doesn't want to "feel better and think better" in "just five minutes a day," after all?

0:01 The splash screen has a goat quoting Dr. Mark Baldwin: "Improve confidence in all walks of life, from work to play." That's fine and all, but why is a goat saying it?

0:02 A bare-bones list of profiles pops up with some of the bounciest music I've ever heard. Catchy! The game requires my birth city and my favorite color or it won't let me play. That's a bit creepy.

0:03 "Hello and welcome to MindHabits," says a modern-looking cartoon woman with shortish black hair. This "award-winning" game is designed to give you a "more positive state of mind," she says. Then she talks up Dr. Mark Baldwin, five minutes a day, blah blah blah.

0:04 The "Thought of the Day" is from Ella Fitzgerald, about not giving up. Both cute and nauseating at the same time.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: