Thursday, September 11, 2008

DT Carnage

Developer: Axis Entertainment
Publisher: AgeTec
Release Date: Sept. 4, 2008
Systems: PS2 (reviewed), PSP
ESRB Rating: E-10+

In a nutshell: Destruction Derby mixed with pure awfulness.

0:00 I literally did not know this game existed until it showed up in my mailbox. I don't even know what the "DT" is supposed to stand for. But I'm not proud. "If you send it I will play it for an hour and review it," that's my motto.

0:01 The game jumps right to the title screen, with an extremely generic picture of a car and some smooth jazz music over the top. The game then loads up an attract mode demo with surprisingly good-looking cars, a somewhat jumpy frame rate and more generic rock. The bare bones presentation reminds me a of an original PlayStation game, not entirely in a bad way.

0:03 After playing around with some options, it's off to the "League Conquest" mode. It was either that or the aptly named "Pick up & Play" mode.

0:04 "So you're the rookie," says a textbox with a disturbing picture of a red-headed instructor. "Let's see what you've got. You probably don't even know your left from your right yet, so I don't expect to be impressed." Hey, that's not fair! Left is the one where your hand makes an "L"!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: