Saturday, March 15, 2008

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

Developer: Infinity Ward
Publisher: Activision
Release Date: Nov. 6, 2007
Systems: Xbox 360 (reviewed), PS3, PC
ESRB Rating: M
Official Web Site

In a nutshell: Halo: Reality Edition

0:00
I'm not usually one for war games (unless they're of the Advance Wars variety), but after hearing everybody and their cousin Fred praise this one, I decided to borrow a copy and see what the big deal was.

0:01
"50,000 people used to live here. Now it's a ghost town." We're in Pripykat, Ukraine. An old man complains about the West. A TV reporter talks over scenes of anarchy. "Just as they laid waste to our country, we shall lay waste to theirs." Some guy does a voiceover in... Russian? More scenes of firefights and chaos. I can't tell if this is still in the Ukraine... looks slightly more... American?

0:03
An S.A.S. login screen... not sure what that stands for. "Good news first. The world's in great shape." Civil wars, 15,000 nukes at stake. Great... Khaled Al-Asad is a bad guy. Soap is a new good guy... oh, that's me. And I'm already in control. Nice.

Read the full
review over at Crispy Gamer

2 comments:

Eaglewave said...

Hmm nice i always liked the Call of Duty series. Keep up the good work:).

Anonymous said...

Great review. I think CoD4 is a great game. I'll keep an eye on this blog as it has some great reviews

P.S. (I linked to you from my site http://callofduty4guide.blogspot.com/)