Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Worms (PS3)

Developer: Team 17 Software
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: March 26, 2009
Systems: PS3 (reviewed), Xbox Live Arcade
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Cute Cephalopod Carnage
0:00 I've been a moderate fan of this series on the PC side, but I've never played a console version. Here's hoping the mouse and keyboard controls translate to the DualShock.

0:01 Sirens and a helicopter sound in the background of a cluttered title screen. Cartoon bombs, dynamite and sheep bouncing around on a blue background behind the title.

0:02 The available "Game styles" include Beginner, Intermediate, Pro, "BnG" and "Full Wormage." The difference between them is mainly in the amount of time granted for each round. You can also set your own difficulty options and save it, a nice touch.

0:05 After reading through the controls and weapon info a bit, I jump right into a Quick Game. Hopefully my memory of the PC games will sustain me. The system generates a two-tiered ice level, complete with igloos, toboggans and penguins embedded in the ice.

0:06 The AI wastes its first turn shooting shotgun shells into the ceiling. I waste mine trying to jump over a proximity mine, causing it to explode just as I approach an enemy. Seems my memory of the mines wasn't as good as I thought.

***-->CONTINUE READING AT CRISPY GAMER<--***

____________________________________________________

No comments: