Thursday, April 2, 2009

Rune Factory: Frontier

Developer: Neverland Co.
Publisher: Marvelous Entertainment
Release Date: March 17, 2009
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: E10+
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Charming farming.

0:00 The back-of-the-box description of this game seems a little too close to my experience with the terminally boring Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness for my comfort, but they sent it to me so I'll give it a fair shake.

0:01 Anime intro: A bird flies through some abstract colored grass environments as peppy Japanese jazz plays. A guy with a hoe stands in a field full of yellow flowers. A girl releases a yellow butterfly to the sky. Another girl studies an orb, which becomes wind-blown streamers. A rainbow, a girl in a red robe and a big hat in front of said rainbow, a giant demon against the void of space. The bird flies across water to an island, the boy runs through the fields, sprouting yellow flowers near him as he does. He jumps to the embrace of all the smiling faces of the other characters. If the game is anywhere near this exciting I'll eat my hat.

0:04 The "Memories" screen reveals 31 more movies to unlock. Crazy, jumpy anime fans rejoice!

0:05 "I had lost everything; my memory, a place to live. When I was on the verge of collapse, I met her. She provided me with food, a home, and ... new memories." Not necessarily in that order. I suppose. Anyway, she left so now I'm going off to search for her.

***-->CONTINUE READING AT CRISPY GAMER<--***

____________________________________________________

No comments: