Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Incredible Hulk

Developer: Edge of Reality
Publisher: Sega
Release Date: June 5, 2008
Systems: PS3 (reviewed), Xbox 360, Wii, PS2, PC, DS
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: More like The Mediocre Hulk, amirite?

0:00 I liked my time with The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, so I have high hopes for this one even though it's based on a movie. The Sega seal of potential quality has to count for something, right?

0:01 Whoop, not so fast... version 1.1 of the software requires 14 MB of downloads. It could be worse...

0:03 A view down a secluded alley accompanies the title screen. In the background, tanks roll by. I can hear Hulk screaming and I see something throwing people ... who knows why. I hit start and a cab comes hurtling through a wall next to me. Hulk comes out of the hole in the wall like the Kool-Aid man, except much more muscley, as the menu screen pops up.

0:05 Hulk flexes and roars as I choose the Story mode. I guess he approves? Or is he against it? Really, I have no idea what emotion he's expressing with his constant roaring.

0:06 "My name is Bruce Banner. I'm trying to stop a monster." He's standing in a secluded snowscape. The screen goes blank and a gun fires. Fade back in -- Hulk spits out the bullet and screams: "BANNER!" Whoa. Dark. Five years later, in Brazil, Banner is running from some military types. He runs into a factory and a helicopter sends a missile in. I'd say that's overkill, but for the Hulk, it's almost definitely underkill.

0:07 I'm in control. The screen prompts me to press the O button repeatedly to make the Hulk burst forth from under some rubble. Whoo! Interactive!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hulk is my favorite character and i have seen the both of the hulk movies for approx 30 times. I have never played this game but I am sure this will a pretty one game.