Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LEGO Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures

Developer: Traveller's Tales
Publisher: LucasArts
Release Date: June 3, 2008
Systems: Nintendo DS (reviewed), every other system ever made.
ESRB Rating: E10+
Official Web site

In a nutshell: So LEGO whip it. LEGO whip it good.

0:00 I played the Wii version for a few hours at an absolutely wild July 4th party, so I think I know what to expect from this DS version.

0:01 "Indiana, f***ing Jones... Indianaaaaaa, mother-f***ing Jones!" Come on everyone, sing along with the title screen.

0:02 So I'm in control of Lego Indy in a three-piece suit, running around what looks like a university and being trailed by another suited guy with an umbrella. The only open door is "Raiders of the Lost Ark." At my college, the rooms had names like "101."

0:04 Seems I can also wander outside, whipping benches and such for little bits of LEGO gold and silver. Even the LEGO shrubs shatter to reveal coinage. One annoyance already: I can't seem to whip in midair.

0:05 With a tap and hold of the A button, the rubble from some destroyed lion statues can be rebuilt into... another statue! I get money for both the destruction and the rebuilding. What a racket!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: