Wednesday, July 16, 2008

FlatOut

Developer: Bugbear Entertainment
Publisher: Empire Interactive
Release Date: July 12, 2005
Systems: Xbox (Reviewed), PS2, PC
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Destruction Derby + Motorstorm with a twist of Burnout and GripShift. Have I wowed you with my racing game knowledge yet?
0:00 I've been interested in this game ever since I saw the TV ads that featured drivers being launched out of cars towards targets. Now that's my kind of game.

0:01 This minute spent downloading a BC update for the Xbox 360 so I can play this old game, and watching logos and such.

0:02 Some insipid song with the endlessly repeating chorus, "Girls just want to be bad boys," plays over some grainy video of rally cars driving through dirt busting up and generally flipping out. And title.

0:03 I can choose whether my driver is male or female and whether my steering style is normal or professional. Not that I know the difference. Between the steering styles I mean -- I DO know the difference between the genders.

0:05 I start my career and have my pick of five cars. I spend my $4K billfold on the 134 horsepower, 3503 lb. Bullet, the most powerful, heaviest, most expensive car available. Automatic transmission please -- I can't drive stick.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: