Monday, June 7, 2010

DiRT 2

Developer: Codemasters
Publisher: Codemasters
Release Date: Sept. 8, 2009
Systems: PS3 (reviewed), Xbox 360, PC
ESRB Rating: T

In a nutshell: What dirtier than being DiRT? ICE COLD!

0:00 I liked the Xbox 360 demo for the first DiRT well enough, but not well enough to buy the game. In fact I had to look up a GfL from three years ago just to confirm that I had in fact played the original game.

0:01 I'm in England for the summer, so I'm playing my PS3 on a standard definition TV for the first time in years. On the plus side, they have widescreen SDTVs here. On the downside, everything still has what I refer to as "PS2 blur" on it.

0:03 "There is not enough free space on the hard disk. The game was forced to quit. At least 3249 MB more free space is needed." Of course.

0:04 Man, why do I still have Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. install data on here? I haven't played that game in months. Also, why in the world did H.A.W.X. need 4,896 MB from my hard drive in the first place?

0:05 "Installing required game data. Please do not turn off the PLAYSTATION(R)3 system." Hoo boy, I hope the way-too-expensive 300 Watt British voltage converter I got holds out...

___________________________________________________

No comments: