Friday, October 3, 2008

We Ski

Developer: Namco Bandai
Publisher: Namco Bandai
Release Date: May 13, 2008
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

0:00 I picked this one up mainly to see if it could improve on the overly touchy performance of the "Slalom" mini-game in Wii Fit. I'm hopeful that it can ... after all, Namco's Alpine Racer arcade series is one of my all-time favorites.

0:05 This first five minutes spent getting my Wii Balance Board out of its box, inserting the batteries, and struggling to get it synced to my system. My Wii Fit regimen has, er, lapsed a little bit.

0:09 The game requires 81 blocks of space for save data? What is it using all that space for? Anyway, this means I have to copy Strong Bad to my SD card and delete it, which takes a surprisingly long time.

0:10 Finally ready to go. A snowy title screen comes in with some winter bells and a children's chorus screaming "WE SKI!"

0:11 "Lean your body to the left and right to turn." Doesn't get much simpler than that.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: