Wednesday, October 15, 2008

SOCOM: Confrontation

Developer: Slant Six Games
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: Oct. 14, 2008
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: M
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Now loading....

0:00 I've never actually played a SOCOM game before, but I figured SOCOM: Confrontation is as good a time as any to start. And Crispy Gamer agreed!

0:01 The usual "game" option on the XMB is accompanied by a "Game Data Installer" option. I decide to see what that's all about.

0:02 There's no progress bar on the installation screen ... it just says "Installing...". Cryptic. I guess I just have to assume it's working through the 2701 MB of data it has to put on the hard drive. Hopefully it'll make the game run faster in the end.

0:04 The back of the box says the game "requires" 3.1 GB of hard drive space, so maybe this installation isn't just an option?

0:05 Hoo boy... this semi-literate message board post seems to confirm that the installation is required and predicts I'll have to wait 15 minutes for it to finish. Yikes!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: