Thursday, October 9, 2008

Buzz!: Quiz TV

Developer: Relentless Software
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: Sept. 23, 2008
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: The PS3 puts all its power behind ... trivia questions...

0:00 I liked the original, PlayStation 2 Buzz! The Mega Quiz a decent amount, but I could never get my friends to feel the same way. I'm looking forward to always having online opponents available in this version.

0:01 Before I even start, I love the peppy, quiz show music on the PlayStation 3 menu screen. I also like the new, wireless buzzers, although I can see finding eight AA batteries for four players would be annoying.

0:02 Speaking of "Before we start," the game tells me I need to download a whopping 207 MB update for "version 1.10." Wow ... I'm glad I don't have friends over ... they'd be getting annoyed right about now.

0:06 36 percent done with that download. My imaginary guests are complaining that the nachos are getting cold.

0:09 60 percent done. One of my imaginary guests is already throwing up in the bathroom after too much Johnnie Walker.

0:15 Installing. Too bad half my imaginary guests have gone home for the night and vowed never to come to my "lame-ass downloading parties" ever again.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: