Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4

Developer: Kojima Productions
Publisher: Konami
Release Date:June 12, 2008
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: M
Official Web site

In a nutshell: War has changed. Now, it's really confusing...

0:00 I loved the first Metal Gear Solid, struggled to understand the second, and stopped a few hours into the third. That trend is not encouraging.

0:00.5 Just to be clear, I fully expect to be watching cut scenes for the entirety of this first hour.

0:01 The game at least has the decency to tell me that the mandatory installation will take roughly eight minutes. A highly realistic Snake smokes in the background. "Avoid playing when you are tired," says an on-screen warnings. Because the plot will make even less sense?

0:02 More warnings: Use an ashtray, take 15 minute breaks every hour, stop playing if you feel ill. I can't tell if they're going for over-the-top funny or deadpan serious with these things.

0:04 Further warnings talk about proper handling of the game disc. Looks like "deadpan serious" wins the battle. Installation is 35-percent complete.

0:05 The enemies will use "sight, sound and smell" to detect me. Smell? Really? Does Snake needs a portable shower?

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MEtal Gear Series is awesome.I have not yet played the new one on ps3 but it looks really good.
Hey great blog you have here. If you ever want to trade links just give me a buzz at admin@gamespond dot net.

Keep up the great posting. Looks to me you are doing well.