Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Haze

Developer: Free Radical
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: May 20, 2008
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: M
Official Web site

In a nutshell: In the future, all soldiers are drug-addicted jerks.

0:00 All I really know about this game is that it's been delayed a lot and didn't do too great at retail.

0:01 The predictable "Installing Game Data" screen pops up. You know what that means -- it's sandwich time!

0:03 We're at 15 percent installed. At least there's some enjoyable trumpet-and-string-heavy music. It's like the opening to a war movie, except more installation-y.

0:06 50 percent! The sandwich was good, but now I need something to do with my mouth. Maybe I'll take up smoking.

0:08 85 percent. The music is less endearing now that I've heard it loop two times. Plus, I can't hear it over my coughing from the cigarette smoke.

0:09 Just when it seems like the install is done, I need to download a game update. Usually I'd be angry, but these cigs really help calm my nerves.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

1 comment:

Kikimaru said...

Eventually you get to stop taking Nectar, play as the other guys and kill those damn jocks who were your teammates.

This is probably the game's only redeeming factor.