Friday, January 23, 2009

GTI Club+: Rally Cote D'Azur

Developer: Sumo Digital
Publisher: Konami
Release Date: Jan. 15, 2009
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Argh, I missed the shortcut AGAIN!

0:00 I have no idea what the GTI Club is, nor why it should be increased by a plus sign. I do know what Cote D'Azur is, at least. Anyway, Twitter follower and Konami employee James Wong offered me a download code for the game, so I figure it's at least worth a quick spin.

0:01 The camera pans past some relatively plain and empty-looking streets as a peppy number plays over the title. Everything looks kind of basic compared to the super-detailed courses of a Gran Turismo or Midnight Club. Still, a nice, clean look.

0:03 Apparently I can hook up the PlayStation Eye to take Happy, Mocking, Sad and Angry pictures to send to opponents when, I assume, those emotions would apply. Er, no thanks. I'm gonna start with single-player, anyway.

0:04 Difficulty choices are Easy Race, Medium Race, Hard Race and Free Run. I'm a decent virtual driver, so let's go with Medium.

0:05 A vast, VAST line-up of FIVE tiny cars greets me in an abandoned parking lot. I choose a red Austin Mini Cooper because the idea of racing a Mini Cooper is just too hilarious for words. Automatic transmission please!

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: