Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Deer Drive

Developer: SCS Software
Publisher: Mastiff
Release Date: Dec. 16, 2008
System: Wii (reviewed), PC
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: The least realistic shooting game you'll never play.

0:00 Hunting deer is very low on my "list of things I'd like to do in real life." Playing a game about hunting deer is even lower on that list. Still, I have to uphold my "you send it, I'll play it" reputation.

0:01 The preview screen has some truly awesome hair metal music. I do not have a Wii Zapper, so it looks like I'll be going gangster style with my Wii Remote on these deer, rather than the Zapper's bazooka style.

0:02 "DEER DRIVE!" screams an echoey announcer as the title logo appears over a static picture of a forest. There's no background music here. It's eerie and still. 0:03 The B button trigger is used to select all the options on the menu. Why? Because the A button is for PANSIES, that's why!

0:04 The text-based tutorial screen described the gameplay: "SHOOT AS MANY ANIMALS AS YOU CAN!" Funny, I didn't need the game to tell me that. "Angry bears will charge you and moose will run you down." Holy crap! Thanks for the warning!

0:05 "Each vital organ hit increases your Breath Control meter." I think I'm going to be ill.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: