Monday, January 19, 2009

Destroy All Humans! Path of the Furon

Developer: Sandblast Games
Publisher: THQ
Release Date: Dec. 1, 2008
System: Xbox 360
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: The world's premier human-launching simulation.

0:00 My sum total experience with this series is the hour or so I spent with the original. It was fun enough, but not fun enough to actually get me to play it more. A second player can only make it more fun, I figure, so I'm recruiting my visiting friend Bruce to help out with this.

0:01 The title appears, then the sun rises over a silhouetted Earth, viewed from space. Crypto comes down and does some James Bond-style posing in the foreground. In the background, he lifts cars, pilots a UFO, etc. "That looks like fun," Bruce says. "Have you ever played any of these games before?" I ask. "Hell, no!" is the response. Alright, on to the game.

0:02 Interesting option of the moment: Extreme Vibration. We take a look at the controls, but there are way too many buttons to remember. "Transmogrify, gotta remember that one," Bruce says.

0:03 The two-player modes are Abductorama, Brain-O-Matic and Ion Soccer. I thought we'd be able to play the main game together. Phooey. We go in alphabetical order, starting with Abduct-o-rama.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: