Monday, August 25, 2008

Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3

Developer: Backbone Entertainment
Publisher: Capcom
Release Date: June 11, 2008
System: Xbox 360 (reviewed), PS3
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Shoot stuff.

0:00 I have some vague memories of the NES-era original Commando, but it wasn't one of the gaming staples of my youth or anything.

0:01 The Backbone logo just fired a couple of Gatling guns into the air for no reason. Some quick loading and the title appears over some jungle/island rhythms.

0:02 "Use guns to defeat enemies and destroy barricades." Oh, my, how original.

0:03 Looks like your basic two-stick move-and-shoot game. I can avoid taking damage for a score multiplier. Plus there are items and such! I like the exaggerated art style in the menu screens.

0:04 The difficulties are: Cake Walk, Routine Exercise, Black Ops and Suicide Mission. All games should have a Suicide Mission difficulty. Even Pong! I go with Routine Exercise. Wolf, Coyote and Fox are my character choices. I choose Fox, because everything about her is "Classified." Also, she's fast.

0:05 My first mission is titled "Beach." Does this extremely generic beach have a name, or does everyone just call it beach?

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: