Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Jam Sessions



Developer:
Plato
Publisher: Ubisoft
Release Date: Sept. 11, 2007
Systems: Nintendo DS
ESRB Rating: E10+
Official Web Site

In a nutshell: Guitar for Dummies

0:01 I love rhythm games, and I've heard a lot about this one. I just worry that it'll be too undirected to actually be fun.

0:03 I mean to go into the tutorial, but before I know it I'm jamming out in the "free play" mode. I immediately figure out how to strum on the touch-screen and pick chords with the d-pad. I quickly compose a little two-chord ditty that sounds surprisingly good, if I do say so myself. I even record it for posterity.

0:04 I like how the touch-screen allows for strong and weak notes. There's much more opportunity for original expression than in Guitar Hero and such. Nice.

0:06 I finally make it to the tutorial. "Jam Sessions lets you play and sing in your own way without any experience playing the guitar." That much is already obvious.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: