Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Release Date: March 9, 2008
Systems: Wii
ESRB Rating:
Official Web Site

In a nutshell: Fan-service fighting fun!

0:00 Given the amount of time I've spent playing the first two Smash Bros. games and covering news about this version, I'm scared that this is going to be anticlimactic. We shall see.

0:01
A required system update, creating a save file and a longish initial load takes up most of the first minute. The game tells me I can't save replay data over three minutes in length. Um, rats?

0:02
Slow pans across the characters and they look over an ocean. Jump cuts to close ups of Mario, Link, Pit, Meta Knight, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, King Dedede, Sheik, Roy, Samus, Wario, Yoshi ... I'm sure I'm missing some. Just watch this.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: