Monday, June 4, 2007

Halo 3

Developer: Bungie
Publisher: Microsoft
Release Date: Sept. 25, 2007
System:
Xbox 360

In a nutshell:
Shoot people. Don't get shot.

0:01 Aw, the development team signed the loading screen "Love, Bungie." I think I'm tearing up.
0:10 I freaking hate sniper rifles! I almost got a single kill during an intense firefight around an ice pillar. Then some guy kills me from miles away. Story of my life. Also, looking at your own shadow is freaking awesome!
0:20 Match 2 over. Four kills. NOT LAST place! Aiming seems kind of important. Maybe I should work on that. Stop calling me a killjoy, game!
0:30 It occurs to me that the other people playing this game in the middle of the day probably have enough free time to put in a lot more practice than I have. Thus I rationalize yet another crappy performance.
0:40 The feeling of zooming in on a guys face and putting a sniper bullet between his eyes as he charges blindly towards you is not to be undersold.
0:50 My singular goal in life is now to kill someone with the spartan laser.
1:00 After years in the dark, I finally understand the big deal about dual wielding. It got me three freaking kills in a row, and six total! I'm almost a pro!

Would I play this game for more than an hour: Maybe.
Why? Still gotta get that laser kill, but I can't see myself putting in the hours to actually become good enough to hold my own at multiplayer.

This review is based on an early multiplayer public beta version of the game.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

suka you would getz pwnd...ha ha u dids...this game will be da bestest evar.....w00tw

yankeyhotel said...

keep it up I'll see you when the real game rolls out it Sept. I probably won't be nice!

Anonymous said...

"Shoot people. Don't get shot." lol

Eaglewave said...

I got this game from gamefly its pretty fun i just hate how it ends with no tough boss.