Monday, August 3, 2009

Fat Princess

Developer: Titan Studios
Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment
Release Date: July 30, 2009
System: PS3
ESRB Rating: T
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Castle Crashers + StarCraft + CAKE!

0:00 Most of my knowledge of this game comes from the feminist controversy surrounding its concept. And since controversial = good, I'm looking forward to it!

0:01 A light medieval melody plays as tiny, cute, cel-shaded characters run around a castle, picking up cake and such. In the corner, a fat princess sits munching on a sign that says "Start." Yum!

0:02 The options menu is called "Twiddly Knobs." From that I can tell that this is gonna be my kind of game. I "Get Fabulous" by randomizing my character's look a few times. He ends up with pale white skin and a spiky black beard and hair.

0:03 There are 18 pages of "how to play" text with simple picture tutorials. I'm guessing the actual game has a better tutorial, so I'll save this for later.

0:04 I'm definitely not ready to "Play with Others," so I guess I'll just "Play With [Myself]." Wait ... that didn't sound right...

***-->CONTINUE READING AT CRISPY GAMER<--***

____________________________________________________

No comments: