Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Spray

Developer: Eko System
Publisher: Tecmo
Release Date: Dec. 2, 2008
System: Wii
ESRB Rating: E10+
Official Web site

In a nutshell: Yes, the title refers to spraying vomit.
0:00 I must have been in a drunken fugue state when I added this game to my GameFly queue, because I don't remember requesting it even a little bit. It must have interested me at some point, though.

0:01 After some copious loading, a yellow title appears in front of a medieval town with windmills. Is there some regulation that all medieval towns must have windmills?

0:02 "Today is the first day of Summer in the land of Ecoia." They worship the Crystal Sun and its "benevolent energy." Everyone's gathered in the town square, waiting for the king in a cute hand-drawn cut scene. Then some clouds gather and a huge, black figure appears in the sky. "You insignificant scum ... you shall be my slaves, I shall reign over your world, hahahaha." A big rock shoots down to the ground, knocking over the King. "Father! Father!" cries what I assume is the Prince. The King gives young Ray his crown and urges him to find the crystal shards. Then the King disappears in a puff of light. When the crown alights on Ray's head, angel and devil sprites appear over his shoulders. They're gonna accompany me, apparently.

0:04 Cut to the 3-D graphics now ... the kingdom is infested with black goo, and flying black demons are swooping down to take citizens. One picks me up, but the devil on my shoulder scares him off with a roar. That a boy, devil!

0:06 "Ray! Join me, I'm waiting in the underground passage. Hurry!" cries the King. Wait, isn't he dead? And how can I hear him if he's in an underground passage?

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: