Sunday, February 17, 2008

The Bigs


Developer: Blue Castle Games
Publisher: 2K Sports
Release Date: June 26, 2007
Systems: Xbox 360 (reviewed), PS3, Wii, PS2, PSP
ESRB Rating: E
Official Web Site

In a nutshell: MLB Blitz

0:01 This minute was mostly spent staring at various loading screens.

0:02
The options screen has only three settings: Difficulty, number of innings, and vibration. Such simplicity! I think I'm going to like this game.

0:03
I choose play now and dive into a Cincinnati vs. St. Louis match. Well, after another loading screen, that is.

0:04
"Hi everyone. This is The Bigs," says a decent-sounding announcer (whose name I fail to catch). Before I know it, I'm at bat. A circle shows where the ball will land in the strike zone -- high and outside. I swing and a slow-motion diving catch by the first baseman means I'm out. The other team gets 17,500 "points." I hope those aren't interchangeable with runs.

Read the full review at Crispy Gamer

No comments: